Find out how we can help you.
Postpartum Depression vs. The Baby Blues
- Loss of appetite
- Intense irritability and anger
- Overwhelming fatigue
- Loss of interest in sex
- Lack of joy in life
- Feelings of shame, guilt or inadequacy
- Severe mood swings
- Withdrawal from family and friends
- Difficulty bonding with your baby
- Thoughts of harming yourself or your baby
Baby Blues Symptoms
- Weepiness /crying for no apparent reason
- Mood changes
- Poor concentration
Baby blues begin in the first few days following the delivery and are typically gone by about two weeks postpartum. Symptoms tend to be mild.
WE CAN HELP AT THE WAVE!
PPD is a serious mental health problem characterized by a prolonged period of emotional disturbance, occurring at the time of major life change and increased responsibilities in the care of a newborn infant. PPD can have significant consequences for both the new mother and family.